You are here
What is offered?
- Project-based instruction provided by professional educators
- Content area instruction (Language Arts, Math, Social Studies and Science)
- Natural Learning Relationships™ approach
- Socio Emotional development focus through workshops, role playing, leadership activities, interaction with nature, entrepreneurialism
- Martial Arts, Dramatic Arts, Graphic Arts, Musical Arts, Yogic Arts, Culinary Arts, and Second Language Arts
- 100% organic, whole-food, plant-based diet (classes and meals)
What does that look like?
- Students study in cohorts of 10 students with 1 primary teacher starting at age 3
- Six units of project-based study are offered per school year on a 7 week on, 1-2 weeks off model
- Assessment is provided at the end of each Unit along with a demonstration of student work (i.e. Portfolio) as well as a parent conference where the teachers provide specific recommendations, activities and skills to help their student(s) at home
- Core content (LA, Math, Social Studies and Science) is offered through the main program (M-Th from 9-3 pm)
- Whole-Child curriculum (Martial Arts, Dramatic Arts, Graphic Arts, Musical Arts, Yogic Arts, Culinary Arts, and Foreign Language Arts) is offered before school (M-Th from 7-9 am)
- Children will get their noontime meal at Casa de Luz. Breakfast and dinner are also available options.